Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bums, Books, Blogs


Many bums have come and gone since I've been sitting here in the library. One of which described in detail how he got beat up by some guy with a skateboard today. He stumbled in and sat down at a table next to me and laid his head down, making various grunting and groaning noises. I didn't think much of it since this happens all the time, but then someone who I assume he knew (or do all bums just know one another?) started talking to him. He said he'd gotten his ass kicked, been beat up with a baseball bat, pipe, and all other sorts of torture and punishment in the corse of his life, but this was the first time he'd ever been fucked up by a skateboard. To this yet another bum who looked like a walking quilt of various patches (Santa Cruz, pirate skull and crossbones, green teddy bear, etc.) replied: "You know there is a type of kung-fu using skateboards people do, it's called truck-fu." (I swear to god he actually said this) (anyway I couldn't make that shit up) Needless to say this sentiment didn't seem to ease him, as he continued to grunt and groan for another couple of hours or so.
At this point you may be wondering what it is I am doing in the library for hours on end. Don't worry, I haven't started playing WOW or anything, I'm doing stuff for school. I won't bore you with the details just know that I have more on my plate right now than Ghandi after one of his many fasts. By the way the picture at the top (I couldn't figure out how to put it at the bottom) is what one looks like after spending said hours at a computer screen researching a 17th century dead dude. 
later gaters

4 comments:

  1. Truck-Fu...Gen-E-ous. Great Story Randy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, yes all bum's do seem to know one another.. sometimes I see silent exchanges of random items at bus stops downtown. for example one bum waiting for a bus raises an eyebrow (as to say..I need a bus pass?)to a guy leaving the bus with all the shit he can attach to himself. and he hands the other bum his old crinkled bus stop and walks on his direction-less way. Truck-fu huh? more like 'hit some one really hard with what-ever you're holding, and people who skateboard, more often than not, are holding a skateboard. Yes, GenEous. lookn' good by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. by "bus stop" i mean "bus pass" of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, crazy. One time on the bus I overheard this guy talking about how he was sent to a mental institution, and they kicked him out. Yeah, they kicked him OUT of a mental institution. Because that's what they do to the craziest, most pants-pissing people. Oh, and he wants to be a pilot. If he isn't able to operate a multi-million dollar piece of government equipment with the destructive capacity to destroy a village traveling many times the speed of sound, then who the hell can? Later bro. Hilarious story.

    ReplyDelete